Electrum Wallet Website
- Ease of useUpperIntermediate
- Supported Coins
Pros & Cons
- Fairly high security.
- Extremely lightweight program that can run on very old computers.
- Includes a cold-storage cryptocurrency solution.
- You have complete access to your own private key and seed key.
- Versatile application runs on desktop, mobile phones, and even the command line.
- Electrum supports only a very short list of cryptocurrencies – including Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Stratis.
- The visual user interface is not intuitive and contains no graphics to make it easier to use.
- The help documentation is written in language that requires fairly high computer literacy to comprehend and implement.
- The procedure to implement cold storage is complicated, much more than buying a hardware wallet like Ledger or Trezor.
- Thomas Voegtlin
- Private Keys Stored by
- Medium to good, depending on user skill
- What it is
Three different desktop applications for three different wallets (that use different currencies).
David is a forex trader and writer who has spent the last few years giving his opinion and spreading news about oncoming markets and trading tips. Besides from being a trader he is also a lifelong Everton fan and enjoys spending free time watching his beloved team in the premier league.