Digital Money Platform Uphold Facilitates Ripple Transactions
Uphold, a cloud-based digital money platform enabling users to buy, hold, convert and transact across 30+ currencies (including seven cryptocurrencies) and metals (commodities), has announced that its members will be able to buy and sell Ripple coin (XRP) right from their Uphold wallet. For a limited time and in celebration of this launch, Uphold is offering zero fees for the first 5M XRP purchased.
The decision to include Ripple was based on a Twitter poll conducted recently. More than 12,000 users participated in the poll and Ripple was the clear winner.
According to Miguel Vias, head of XRP markets at Ripple,
“the XRP ecosystem is diversifying and growing rapidly. The listing of XRP on Uphold, a strong retail platform that offers customers easy access to digital assets, underscores the significant increase in demand for XRP.”
— Uphold (@UpholdInc) March 20, 2018
Uphold was first with Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold, and after seeing a huge demand for XRP, Uphold is one of the first platform to make the cryptocurrency easily accessible.
Features related to Ripple (XRP)
• Uphold members can now purchase XRP with ZERO FEES (Tier 4 Fees apply when selling XRP).
• Convert XRP from any other supported currency within their Uphold wallet
• Hold XRP within their Uphold wallet.
• Zero fee offer is limited to the purchase of XRP, for a limited period.
• During phase one launch members will not be able to send XRP to external wallets or addresses.
• Zero fee offer is available for a limited time based on the availability of XRP through the first 5M XRP purchased on Uphold.
The company is planning to launch phase two in the coming weeks. At that time, the Uphold platform will connect to the Ripple (XRP) Ledger, enabling full functionality, including deposits and withdrawals of XRP. As of now, members will be able to buy/sell XRP within their Uphold wallet. However, they will not be able to move XRP to an external wallet until the launch of phase two.
Uphold serves 184+ countries, across 20+ currencies and metals with frictionless foreign exchange, cross-border remittance and Virtual Mastercard enabled ecommerce for members around the world. Uphold combines a platform app model with payment connectivity to offer financial services to a global market. Since launch in 2015, Uphold has powered more than US$1 billion in transactions.